It is so easy to get lost in our world today. We were made for community and yet increasingly we find people going through life in isolation. Joining a church can help, but even a mid-sized church like Holy Trinity is big enough for some to feel lost in the crowd.
That’s why we encourage all of our members to join (or start) a small group. Small groups help us to overcome this isolation and begin to build real community. In a small group of people, we spend time getting to know one another, we learn from one another and we learn what it means to be part of a community as we care for one another. (For more thoughts about the value of small groups, read this blog post from Rob Petkau, Holy Trinity’s Music Director and Small Groups Co-ordinator.
Holy Trinity has a number of small groups that meet on different nights of the week – usually in people’s homes. It is our hope that our groups will grow – not only in numbers, but grow in our relationship with Jesus as we learn what it means to follow in His footsteps.
Currently we have small groups meeting on these evenings in the following communities:
- Mondays – one meets weekly in Hanson Ranch and one is in the works to meet monthly in Harvest Hills.
- Wednesdays – one group in Coventry Hills and another in Varsity. Also, our new College & Careers Group for Young Adults meets in Hidden Valley or Panorama Hills on alternating Wednesdays. Another small group for families with young children, where kids are welcome and participants don’t need to hire babysitters, also meets on the second and fourth Wednesdays of each month, with hosting duties rotating among group members on a voluntary basis.
- Thursdays – Our Men’s Study Group meets in the church library on alternating Thursdays.
- Saturdays – Our new Women’s Connect group meets on Saturday mornings.
- In addition, a parishioner is looking at starting a small group for seniors that will meet on weekday afternoons.
To join a small group or for more information, please contact us at email@example.com. If none of these groups fit your needs, contact us anyway, and we’ll see if we can help find you a solution.